Thursday, February 12, 2009

Down Time


Just got home from class and wow was it amazingly hard to get up at 8am this morning. I didn't do a darned thing last night except for relax after what turned out to be a long day. I actually fell asleep while watching Slumdog Millionaire, immediately after getting off of the phone with the "dreaded ex," who is not so much the dreaded ex as he is a friend. Did I just admit to owning a bootleg? Eh. Oh well. LOL.

Apparently the Ex's new GF with whom the situation is "complicated," (and that's based off of what he tells me - personally I don't really care), is insecure and jealous that we remain friends. I stay the f*ck out of it and told him that he needs to handle his business, because I don't need her g*ddamn drama. He says it's her last ditch effort to keep him around as he's moving out (they live together) next week. As I said earlier, I don't really care. We were together for 7 years and basically went through a lot of growing pains together. It's really tough to not remain friends as we know each other like the backs of our own hands. Relationship wise, it's done AND done. I wouldn't dream of even being in any kind of romantic relationship with the dude. *shrugs* In fact, I tell him EVERYTHING that goes on in my life now.

I spent the larger part of 6 hours at a photo shoot yesterday. Just not my thing. Hopefully I get some kind of shots that I'm happy with out of this one. I think the last time I shot anything on that grand of a scale was in 2004 in Hawaii. That photographer (Russell Tanoue) was absolutely amazing and a pleasure to work with. It's just too much of a fuss and too much work! Yes, taking pictures is hard work and surprisingly exhausting.

On a random note, I've begin to call myself the girl version of Chuck (as in Good Luck Chuck). Seems like everyone that I seem to find myself "associated" with either has a girlfriend or fiancee, with whom they conveniently "forget" to mention. Dear L*rd living in Las Vegas is making me a bonafide homewrecker. It's like, "Get with her and you'll find the person you're going to be with for the rest of your life immediately after!" I'm kidding BTW. I'm just not that kind of girl. It just gets tough when Mr. X still wants to "keep in touch" after leaving town and after I am aware of the relationship. And believe me, I'm no homewrecker. I still can't figure out what it is about me that makes me seem to be "that girl." One of my coworkers thinks that it's because I'm completely easy-going and extremely easy to get along with. I guess I'm really good at getting others to feel comfortable around me. *shrugs* I should write a book. It's amazing the situations I find myself in. Absolutely amazing. I mean I'm always down to be anyone's friend, but not at my expense nor theirs. *shrugs*

G*d damn maybe I should be a hermit - then life would be more simple. LOL - I seriously need to write a book. Trust me, this blog might be "anonymous," but I'm still cautious about the facts and details that I disclose. Believe me, if you knew of it, it would blow your mind at how amazingly "unlucky" I am. For some odd reason, things that usually wouldn't happen, or have a slim to none chance of happening, tend to happen to me. I'm waiting for those odds to work in my favor so I can either win the lottery or the Megabucks. HA!

This town is absolute madness. I just have to keep telling myself everyday that I'm in it to win it. In it for me and my future. That I need to sacrifice a little in order to gain a lot.

:PinKSoX:

1 comment:

  1. Woe is you. :-P

    Sweetie, you have to learn to appreciate the good in life. You're a good person, in a good situation, in a good position in life. You're hardworking, diligent, young, pretty...do I have to keep going? lol. I know everyone gets depressed sometimes, but you need to learn to put that behind you.

    Next time you start feeling the "poor me's" come on, go to fmylife.com. If it doesn't put a smile on your face and make you understand that, no matter what, it could always be worse, then nothing will. Keep your head up. :)

    ReplyDelete